Get more leads while doing less work.
That’s a business owner’s dream, right?
Here’s the thing … it’s totally possible to put your lead generation on autopilot. To have a steady flow of leads coming in while you sleep. BUT, you need to put in the work first. Whether you sell services, products, ideas, hopes, dreams, or anything else, you need to build a foundation for success.
“But I need to get more leads now,” you may be saying! — I get it. When the bills are piling up, building a foundation feels like the last thing you have time for. Yet, it’s the best way to ensure your long-term success. Plus, when you’re truly motivated, you’ll be amazed at how fast things move.
This article covers 8 powerful steps you can take to get more leads for your business.
- Be clear on your dream client
- Choose realistic marketing channels
- Plan a new website
- Run Google Ads and Facebook Ads
- Share your authentic story
- Automate your sales and marketing
- Create a personal brand
- Focus on yourself for a change
Entrepreneurship is seeing a problem and coming up with a way to help someone solve it. By having clarity on your soulmate avatar, you can consciously create a cohesive personal brand and message across everything you do.
Even if someone never becomes a client, their life should be made better by your existence. That’s how you succeed in online marketing … by creating inspirational, authentic content that gets your avatar to know, like, and trust you. If you want to get more leads, start by asking:
- Who do you most want to help?
- What are their pain points?
- How would their life improve if those problems went away?
- Why are you the best solution for them?
Choose realistic marketing channels
Ideally, marketing is omnichannel – reaching your target audience everywhere they go online. However, the realities of that goal are limited by your time and budget as a business owner.
On average, people need to see your content in their feeds 10 times before it passes their subconscious barrier. Facebook, Instagram, newsletters, blogging, graphic design, oh my!
Plan a new website
An effective website should be the centerpiece of a successful online business. It’s a place where leads can immerse themselves in your story without distraction.
The goal is to get your leads off social media and onto a place that guides their customer journey. Every word, image, and design choice should be made with your dream client in mind.
A website can be as simple or complex as you need – as long as it makes a personal connection with your avatar and inspires them to take the next step. Here are a few tips to create a website that gets more leads:
- Focus on their story before jumping into yours.
- Offer ample CTAs and ways to enter your funnel.
- Avoid pages that look like walls of text.
- Embed your Instagram feed in the footer.
Run Google Ads + Facebook Ads
Google Ads are the best way to get your business on page 1 – right in front of people who are searching for your exact service. It’s also a numbers game. If 5% of the people who click on an ad reach out, that’s considered a success. For the other 95%, you need to build a relationship.
Once someone leaves your website, use Facebook and Instagram ads to keep showing them your content. It’s like a billboard on the side of the highway. You subtly stay on their mind – and when they are ready to make a decision, all they can think of is YOU!
Share your authentic story
Think of all the identities you’ve created over the years. Childhood. Business. Passions. Hobbies. Family. Travel. Art. These are the tapestry of your life — and a perfect guide for the customer journey.
As a small business owner, YOU are what sets your business apart from the competition. People don’t buy from the person with the best product or service. They consciously choose to support someone they know, like, and trust.
Be authentic with your social media and website content. Provide value at every step. Remember your “why.” Channel your passion. Create relationships. That’s how you stand out in a busy online crowd.
Automate your sales and marketing
On average, the customer journey requires 10 different touchpoints before the lead becomes a client. That’s why it’s critical to figure out your funnel, understand what converts, and automate everything.
Create a “set it and forget it” system that puts your leadgen on autopilot. One that gives you the time freedom to focus on your true passions. The possibilities are limitless! Here are a few popular automation ideas:
- Create prerecorded webinars and trainings.
- Write automated email sequences and eCourses.
- Add a chatbot to your website and FB business page.
- Send reminder SMS messages for online reviews.
- Use someone else’s premade funnel.
Create a personal brand
An Authentic Personal Brand transcends any business, experience, story, or passion. The isolation of Covid has unified our global community via social media. Now is the time to reevaluate everything. Life. Business. Relationships. How can you consciously create what comes next?
An authentic personal brand is a beacon of light in a doldrum online world. It grows your business while making the world a better place. Done right, a personal brand:
- Inspires people to know, like, and trust you.
- Attracts your dream client and soulmate avatar.
- Sells your product or service without being salesy.
- Stands on a foundation of ethics and values.
- Supports your passions, hobbies, and dreams.
- Encompasses your past, present, and future selves.
- Ties together your entrepreneurial and personal lives.
- Is as open, honest, and raw as you can handle.
- Is undeniably, authentically YOU!
Focus on yourself for a change
The gurus say that 80% of business success comes from the internal work we do. By focusing on personal development, your professional life naturally expands … along with your bank account.
It all starts with releasing limiting beliefs, rewriting your money story, setting goals, visualizing, taking care of your mental health, and all the other intangibles that come with self-care.
Let’s do a quick visualization practice:
- Close your eyes
- Imagine a life where you don’t worry about paying bills.
- Take a breath, use all 5 senses, and feel into that lifestyle.
- See your dream life as if it’s already a reality.
- Repeat this practice daily.
Hi. I’m Greg
I help client-based business owners get more leads without being “salesy” through a coaching process that draws from 25 years of industry experience.
Together, we will create a foundation for success that includes a realistic and scalable marketing plan, web design, funnels, and an authentic personal brand that stands out in a busy online crowd.
Let’s do this together!
BOOK A FREE CONSULT
We can chat about anything
JOIN MY FB GROUP
Find inspiration in community