Book a Free Q&A Call
Great Copywriting = Business Success
Great website copy is an essential part of promoting your business online. Pictures are important and videos are fabulous, but most people still feel (subconsciously) an instinctive trust for the printed word.
Each page on your website gives your dream client another reason to become a paying client.
As a business owner, creating new content for your website should be at the center of your marketing plan.
Yet, you keep putting off that new blog post because you don’t have the time. Or, maybe the thought of writing fills you with dread.
Whatever the reason, our expert copywriters are here to help!
We write like you do
At Goodman Creatives, we specialize in creating copy that reflects your unique voice.
Before writing anything, we’ll take the time to get to know you … to understand your style, tone, and preferences. That way, the pages and articles we create will sound just like you wrote them.
- We don’t outsource our copywriting — your article will be written by a native English speaker who was born and raised in the USA.
- We write with your dream client in mind — assuming you know who that is. (If not, we can help with that too).
Copywriting for Every Need
Over the years, we’ve written text for dozens of industries, including therapists, Silicon Valley startups, plumbers, and even shamans. Here are a few more ways we can help:
Every business has unique needs when it comes to website copy.
A big software company needs something totally different from a therapist or the local donut shop down the street. When considering what copy to write, ask yourself:
- What’s the goal of the website — providing information or entertainment, obtaining sales or votes?
- Who is the audience — professionals, gifted amateurs, the totally uninformed?
- What’s the tone — straight up declarative, make the reader think, a call to action?
- Do you want to include humor? Do your photos or graphics need a caption or a dissertation?
- What is the background of someone visiting your site? Do they have an in-depth knowledge of your subject?
Once you understand your ideal visitor, a few fundamentals apply: KISS (keep it simple and scannable); organize it, stay focused on the message the visitor needs, be very organized and visually pleasing. It’s important to remember that your visitor is always one quick step away from doing something else — a competing site, social media, a co-worker or family member, Netflix, or any number of other distractions.
Over 90 percent of marketers say social media is profitable to their business. However, you need to keep in mind that the copywriting differs from website copy because social media users didn’t go there to buy something … they went on social media to connect to someone.
Each social media platform has a slightly different purpose and, research shows, slightly different rules for success. For example:
- Facebook allows you around 10,000 words per post. But, the most engaging posts usually have less than 100 characters — they are short, sweet and to-the-point!
- Twitter limits you to 140 characters per “tweet”. Your click through rate, however, will better than double if your tweets are 120-140 characters and include one or two (but not three) hashtags.
Goodman Creatives keeps tabs on all the rules and the latest trends in social media. We’ll develop a program that builds trust with customers through frequent interaction and increases website traffic, leads and sales.
Every search engine uses algorithms (specific sets of rules) that determine how well each webpage relates to search terms input into their engine. Use of specific keywords, where and how they’re used, and other factors improve or weaken that relevance.
SEO copywriting is a skill closely-related, but not identical to, website or social media copywriting. Fortunately, the artists of Goodman Creatives are the craftsmen who can optimize your entire web presence.
Copywriting for therapists requires a special understanding of the needs of you (the clinician) and the mindset of your dream client (the person suffering).
All too often, therapists write copy using too many technical terms – or get caught up in writing pages like thesis papers. This isn’t what your dream client wants to see.
That’s why we have an MFT on our copywriting staff!
Kathryn specializes in creating pages that speak directly to your dream client, create a personal connection, and give them enough background to inspire them to reach out.
Want to see a sample?
Learn more about copywriting ... and all the other ways we can help your business grow.
Free Marketing Resources!
For beginners and experts alike — these valuable resources cover everything you need to know about marketing and web design.
BONUS: Get instant access to the Ultimate Website Planning Workbook